Monday, August 20, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love silk, cotton, and mixes of these 2 with wool. I hate anything itchy. I'm not keen on any novelty stuff or glittery stuff unless it's not itchy and scratchy.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A basket. Which they often fall out of. I am intending to make a holder at some point.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was 15. I was knitting jumpers and things then. I would consider myself somewhere in between intermediate and advanced. There are some things I haven't tried, like steeking and so on.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, it's here...

5. What's your favorite scent?
I love lemony and fresh smells. I also love cinnamon and warm smells.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh Yes! All the teeth in my mouth are sweet and only eat dinner to get to dessert! I love milk chocolate, especially Cadburys. Most other things as well, apart from dark chocolate, loquorice and toffee and sour sweets.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I make cards. I sew, especially quilts. I do a little crochet. I would love to dye and spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Most music, see my profile.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love blues and greens. I also love pinks and browns. I mostly like softer, but not necesssarily pastel colours, rather than garish ones.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband, a daughter, one dog and two cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes, as long as they aren't itchy. I do have a low itchiness threshold.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Most things really, I tend to love whatever I'm knitting as long as I love the yarn I'm knitting it with.

13. What are you knitting right now?

How long do you have???? Blankie, socks, log cabin blanket, cardigan, booga bag, shall I go on??

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I love bamboo needles. I don't mind whether they are circs or straights.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, but I have one on my christmas list.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
7 or 8 years (blush)

18. What is your favorite holiday?
laying on a beach anywhere in the sun.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
What, other than yarn? What else is there?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'd love some more bamboo straights, so far I only have sock ones.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'd love to learn entrelac, and also I have never knitted lace. Also I have never dared to steek.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have knitted one and a half pairs so far. I am a uk size 7.

23. When is your birthday?

12 May

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes. fluffyknitting, of course!

1 comment:

Virtuous said...

I like learning about others!
Have fun with SP11