Friday, April 25, 2008

Portia

A day later than promised, here is my other cast on this week. It's Rowan's Portia from the Studio Issue 4.

Although it is featured knitted up in kidsilk haze, I find that yarn really itchy, so decided to do it in Debbie Bliss 100% silk. It's a nightmare to knit with, really slippery, especially as I am on circs, but I am planning to change to straights. The silk is a dream, really soft and...silky!!!!

Here's the colour I am knitting in


Yeah, yeah, I know it's green, but I love green and green loves me!

I have a busy weekend ahead.....a wedding, a 70th birthday and a christening. See you on the other side, enjoy whatever you're doing!

4 comments:

Virtuous said...

Knit with bamboos to alleviate some of the knit pain!

Wow! Great weekend! Have fun!

gilraen said...

I love the yarn you chose. If I remember rightly I knit a tie fronted cardigan in the same silk. It is a dream to touch :)

Linda said...

That looks a lovely knit!

dreamcatcher said...

Very pretty knit and the silk looks lovely!