Sunday, June 15, 2008

SP 12 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love most Debbie Bliss yarns, especially anything with some cashmere or cotton in it. I love alpaca yarns as well. I am a real soft freak and so it has to pass the cheek test with me. (Face cheek, not the other one!) I'm not too keen on scratchy stuff, as some 100% wools are. Noro is a bit hit and miss for me as it does seem to retain its itchiness, even though it can be washed out. I need to love it to knit it!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

A shoe box...yes, I know. Oh, and a rolled up bit of pelmet. My circs hang on a hook. Sad but true!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting since I was about 12. That's 31 years then (gulp) My mum taught me and I knitted garments for myself when I was at school and college, so I think pretty advanced. What I don't know I can pick up pretty easily from You Tube, thanks to Cat Bordhi!!!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not really

5. What's your favorite scent?

A few! Mainly anything fresh, woody, lemony, not really flowery and not really lavendery.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I am 60% made up of Cadbury's milk chocolate. But now I am dieting, I love low cal cookies, or anything else not high in calories or fat.


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I sew, quilt, felt, make stitch markers and cards. I haven't tried spinning, although my SP11 pal did send me a drop spindle, but I haven't tried it out yet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Who knows? I am a techno geek, so ask my daughter!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Love muted colours, especially greens, pinks, blues and so on. I'm not keen on orange or yellow.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with a husband and a 16 year old daughter. We have 1 dog, a whippet lurcher, called Flossie who is my baby, 1 elderly cat, who is 19-Basil, who has been with me since he was 9 weeks old, through chemo and everything else, and a giant cat who we think is a dog trapped in a cat's body. That's Max. We inherited him from one of my youth justice kids when I was a social worker. He is not ours out of choice, but as been with us 11 years and we can't get rid of him. Our latest plan is to send him to uni with Lily when she goes!


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I do wear scarves and hats.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I love knitting bags. I do like knitting jackets as well, but they get boring for me. I love knitting scarves too.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Just finishing a bag. A pair of socks. A scarf. A jacket. A blanket. A jumper. Just a few things, you know!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Depends what I'm knitting. If it's small, circs get irritatingly tangled for me. I love them all, not that keen on plastic, but I don't discriminate too much! Knitting is knitting, whatever there is available to do it on!


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes, thanks to my extremely unsubtle dropping of hints to my husband last christmas.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

OMG, I'm ashamed to say probably about 20 years old.


18. What is your favorite holiday?

Laying on a beach or by a pool, reading books or knitting, and then good food and good company in the evening.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Apart from yarn???? Like what? Oh, actually, I do like buttons.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Can't think of any off the top of my head.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I wish I could crochet. All I can make is granny squares. I have been shown, and I have bought books, but my brain just can't compute it. I need someone with a ton of patience to sit with me for a couple of days and help me!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I have knitted socks in the past and am knitting one now, but I wouldn't call myself a sock knitter. My feet are a UK size 6, normal width. And I'd love someone else to knit me a lovely soft pair!!

23. When is your birthday?

May 12


24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

fluffyknitting of course!

No comments: