Monday, October 01, 2007

Let There Be Light!

Today I decided to make a light box. I found a great tutorial on the web here, and I thought, it can't be that hard, can it??

A small nervous breakdown, a lot of mess on the floor and some small stanley knife cuts on my hands (oh, and a really lot of fuckin swearing), and ta da.......

Hmmm, mine doesn't look that like theirs, does it? Do you especially like the 100 watt bulb in the 40 watt max lamp, balancing precariously on the top of the overlarge and spindly box? Crap.

I took these for you. I'm knitting this


for my second to smallest niece. It's a Debbie Bliss pattern. A bit boring to knit, lots of stocking stitch. I have to intermingle it with the chevron scarf for a bit of sanity.

If you want to see why I'm disappointed with my light box, go to Vanessa's blog, Coloursknits or Black Dog Knits. Now they're pictures I'd like to be able to take.

Instead, look at my effort.


No, don't feel sorry for me.

I'm blaming the camera I use.

It's obviously shit.

4 comments:

gilraen said...

Liz I think your camera is okay. I was wondering if you needed more light on the box?? The detail in the knitting looks lovely.

BTW I am having to keep those georgeous stitchmarkers away from my 3 year old who is convinced you sent it all to him, not just the chocolate! :)

Virtuous said...

ROTFL! @ the making of the light box!

But I agree try one of the "natural" light bulbs instead!

Hey what DB is that pattern out of for the baby item?? Ah the knitting will go fast, it is the seaming that kills me! UGH!

Linda said...

Well done for trying anyway! I go outside for pictures but the light has been so bad lately that hasn't even worked. Might have to go and look up this lightbox stuff!

lomester said...

Oh! don't be so hard on yourself!!(or the camera)