Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Finished DB bag

OK, as promised some time ago, the picures of the finished article....

I used a Kaffe Fasset print for the lining and I think I love it more than the bag itself...

I beaded down one side of the front. I did felt some pink flowers to go on the front, but they didn't look right, but I don't know that the beads look any righter. Whaddya think?

The blue stripey one that I am making at the moment is a variation on a theme of the pattern and I think I will make the handles a little thicker with this one as they do feel a little delicate on the green one, I mean, you couldn't put a bottle of coke, a purse, lipgloss, a phone and a book in it without feeling like the handles might break, or at least be a little stressed out! And they are all the things I NEED to have in my bag at any given time.
Oh, Happy start of Lent. I have given up chocolate, crisps, cakes and biscuits. I normally give up chocolate, not for any religious reason, just to prove to myself that I can do it. The thing is, I don't necessarily like the other three things I have given up, but it's amazing what you can manage to stuff down your neck when chocolate isn't an option to achieve that LOVELY feeling. (yes, I know you know THE feeling!) Anyway, it might have some impact on my weight loss. (I can dream)

No comments: