Saturday, April 21, 2007

Shopping Trip Swag.....


I went to Sunflower fabrics in Bedford, which is my local fabric shop. I can ALWAYS manage to spend a reasonable amount of money...so imagine my delight to find a lady in there who is shutting her yarn shop and selling all her stock off to Maggie from the fabric shop!!!! What a great result. I bought her entire stock of Rowan wool cotton and some cashsoft baby, all for £2 each. I could have bought more, but I resisted (a bit). I got some lovely fabric for a new quilt I have planned, and my daughter bought some lining for her felting project..which has since gone horribly wrong. It was going to be a washbag, and is now a small pencil pot...enough said I think!

The project I have in mind for these delicious balls is the Mason Dixon log cabin blanket. I'm collecting from now on!...

Well, my mother in law who is here for a few days, and my daughter are knitting in the sun in the garden, and I am crocheting. The squares are coming along nicely but I am about to run out of the green so I shall be back to the swing jacket while I await new supplies!

No comments: