Friday, April 13, 2007

Tada!!!!!!!

Now you know I've been desperately trying to master a granny square over the last few weeks. My house has been littered with small incidents like this...

Well, yesterday my 15 year old daughter recommended that I find a tutorial on youtube. I thought it was called utube, and I have thought of going on it before, as my very weird next door neighbour likes to take videos of my comings and goings and keep them (I blame her extremely dull and boring life). Anyway, I explained to my daughter that I had in fact read crochet for beginners, been shown twice and looked at loads of online picturesand was still managing to make mutant rather than granny squares. She was persistent and in the end I did a search and there was a great video clip of a woman with a loud radio in the background showing me how to make a granny square. You'll never guess what......

THE PENNY HAS FINALLY DROPPED!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my successes......

Proud close up.....

I am truly addicted and have joined a grannyalong! I shall put the button on the right hand bar when I can work out how!
However, there is a down side that I hadn't thought of to crochet......

ps. let me know if you are having the same problems as me and I will let you have the link to the crochet lady's video clip.

1 comment:

kate said...

GREAT job! I saw your stuff on grannyalong- hooray- I am next to try! Please email me at katemojo at pacbell dot net and give me th elink to youtube tutorial. Good job!