Thursday, June 07, 2007
S... L.... O.... W swing jacket progress
Well, today I made myself try and get this project finished. I always do this, I am great at the bulk of a project, it's the fiddly finishing off stuff that I am rubbish at.
The big buttons are definitley too big
so I think I'll go with the smaller mother of pearl ones. I have decided on this fabric for the binding
It's got a sheen to it, like a shot silk, but I think it's cotton. The pain is that I have to make it into binding :(
I'm pleased with the pockets though. Having sewn them shut together by mistake, they are now all neat and I have sewn the pocket to the jacket so it doesn't swing around.
Hopefully it will be finished soon! Watch this space!
PS Sorry about the higgeldy piggeldyness of the pictures in my last post. I was trying out a different browser and I don't think I will again. Update on the sock front..I have cast on and frogged 3 times now and resorted to the chewing gumness that is the Mason Dixon log cabin blanket and it is coming on well. (more than can be said for the socks, who are still a ball of wool.)