Sunday, February 10, 2008

Finally, yarn and colour choices

OK, just to let you know I have ordered the yarn for the Back to School Vest,

I decided to knit it in Cascade 220, although it's not my most favourite yarn (except for felting) as it's a little itchy, I do like the colours it comes in and it will be worn over the top of something else, so hopefully it won't matter too much. (scratching at the thought of it now..)

it's the lovely blue one, 8908. I also bought some of the purple 8885 to knit the cabled tote bag. It looks a little like this one..

and now I'm thinking I should have ordered red as it does look nice in that colour. Oh well, I think it'll be a quick knit as it only uses 2 skeins, so I shall make a few in a variety of colours!

Talking of bags, I have a load of felted bag designs that I am trying to make up, but it is very labour intensive, especially if I want to get a few of them in shops. But I think I have found a fast knitting older lady who would be happy just to knit the basic shape so then I could felt and embellish them, which is very exciting and one of my business plans for this year!! Watch this space.....

This weekend I am mapping out the chart for the peplum of the Silver Belle and watching the rugby this afternoon. Last night Lily had a sleepover with a gaggle of teenage girls, and we went out for a curry with some old friends. We had a really good evening and the house was still intact when we got back and there was no sick anywhere. Successful evening had by all, I think!!

I am planning a competition for my bogoversary which is this Tuesday, and a bit of a revamp as well.

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend as well!

4 comments:

Virtuous said...

Great color selection! Will be perfect for that transitioning spring weather!

Besides you will be wearing something underneath it to not hae the itchy wool on your skin.

Happy Blog Anniversary in advance!

Janey said...

That vest is in my queue and I love it! I'll watch your progress with a keen eye! Lovely colour choice too.

Your bag venture sounds exciting, can't wait to see what you produce!

Linda said...

The bag project sounds interesting, good luck. I like the look of the vest.

Robin said...

I think the vest will look great in that color, and I do think the Cascade 220 softens up after washing. I thought mine would be a lot scratchier than it is, plus with the shirt under it, it won't matter as much, as you say. Where is the bag pattern from? I like that!