Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Odessa Take 2

OK, the picture was rubbish. I know it. So here are some more, doing it more justice. There's no one else but me and the dog in this house today and she didn't think it would suit her, so a vase had to do the job of wearing it!





My favourite part of how this accidental hat turned out with the stripes is how this flower appeared on the top!



I started the vest last night. Take care not to twist, it said. Off I went, and knitted about 2 inches........before I realised, oh yes, I had twisted it. Well, I was thinking I had maybe made a size too big anyway, and when I pulled it off the needle, I tried it on ad it's about 2 sizes too big, so it was maybe a blessing in disguise. Starting that again today, so pictures tomorrow.

We had an earthquake here last night, about 1am. It woke me up, but I didn't realise what it was at the time, I thought maybe Rob had got up and slammed a door, it was that kind of vibration. Very odd. My first earthquake and hopefully my last! But an experience, nonetheless!!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

My family lives in the North East, I called them this morning and found out the quake traveled south from where it hit and not further north, my mom just felt a rumble in the roof she said! Glad to hear everyone is ok.
The hat looks even prettier in those pics, and the top flower looks great.

Pheelya said...

What a cute hat!

Littlelou said...

Nice gift..hope to try that pattern soon xx