Saturday, September 06, 2008

One Disaster After Another......

you know when it all goes wrong at the same time? Check this out. It's not serious, I know, but bloody irritating though...

First, I dyed the yarn.



I soooo wish I hadn't put the red in. When I wound it into a cake, it looks horrible. I call it Yukilicious. Sweet but awful.



Then, having joined the Mystery Stole 4 group on Yahoo and Ravelry, I decided, after spending a small fortune on green beads, to go for purple and dye my own yarn up for it. I spent ages winding balls back into hanks and then dissolved the grape Kool Aid crystals into the water. I added the 4 skeins I had wound one at a time. Well, by the time I added the last one (and I wasn't that slow) the dye had all gone, so I have 2 purple, one lilac and one a bit white and blotchy.



BUGGER!!!!! In the end, I thought, fuck it, and have ordered some laceweight on line, with a begging note to the vendor to send soon. Bloody hell!!!

Then, I am knitting the Waving Lace sock and look at this...




The pattern said 50g, which is what I started with, and I'm not even round on to the bottom of the foot yet! Help!! I was considering knitting the rest of this in another colour, but I think it'll look silly, so I am considering unravelling quickly. :(

4 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

oh no you poor thing:( Will the purples not work together in a graduating shawl going from 1 extreme to the other? Yarn you dyed looks gorgeous(the yummy sweet) and will knit up well I'm sure.
The sock well that annoys me also when you run out at such a stage.
Sending hugs and virtual chocolate:)

gilraen said...

Liz I feel your pain!!!! That is not fair!!!! Could you use other yarn and over dye it?

I actually love the colours in your skein............:)

chookie said...

Agree with gilraen - can you overdye?

And I for one actually love the colours in that first skein! Why don't you try knitting it up and seeing how it looks ? The hank is gorgeous so you might be pleasantly surprised!

Linda said...

Ambermoggies idea for a graduating shawl would look great, or you could hold all the yarns together and knit a scarf?