Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fearless Knitting Proof!

OK, as promised, pictures of my dart success. Here they are...


and here is a proud close up of the left boob..

and the right one....


and here is a picture of the instructions I wrote, from the advice that you all left for me. I thought I would put this on here in case anyone else knitting this has a blonde moment (which you can have no matter what your hair colour!) Actually, I'm not quite sure why I found it so difficult to get, just one of those things I think where you can't see the wood for the trees!


This is my progress so far on the patchwork bag, I am knitting the gusset to go all the way round the bag and also become the handle.


And lastly, an update on the Malabrigo lace


Can't you just feel how fluffy and soft that is from the picture? It's a great knit for keeping in my bag for doing in short bursts when I am in use as a teenager's taxi service!

Mary has sent me some pictures of her wearing the hat I knitted and I hall try to get them on here today or tomorrow. She certainly wears it better than the vase!!

8 comments:

Ulla V. said...

Oh, how I enjoy reading your posts!! You make me smile almost every single time...

And it sure looks fantastic your knitting...I love the beautiful different shades of green, which the yarn seems to have. The pattern it so adoring...

cpurl17 said...

Boob darts look great! That lace, wow, the colors!

And, I write notes like that to myself ALL the time!!

Virtuous said...

Boob darts are looking VERY nice!

And I have notecards over here! LOL

That Mmmmmmalabrigo lace is looking SO yummy!

Can't wait to see your friend in the Odessa hat!

Knittynutter said...

lovely knitting!!
cant wait to see the finshed objects, the bag looks very interesting,
Angie

Anonymous said...

Oh how soft the malabrigo lace looks! And the BTSV looks great in that yarn - well done with the darts!

Anonymous said...

Amazing. I am knitting this scarf in the same yarn in Hollyhock, a bit deeper pinky mauve, and have got to the same length! You will probably finish before me as I am having a break due to tendonitus. Ah!
And yes, it is soft.

lomester said...

WOW! Look at those boobs! awesome man. I love the malabrigo lace. I need to do something with mine it just stares at me.

Robin said...

The vest is looking great! Can't wait to see it finished!