Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Present To You.......The Vest! (and not a tear in sight!)




OK it's finished. And I love it. Excuuse the non smiley pictures, I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather we have today and self timed it in the garden. I am wearing it in 3 different styles just in case you didn't notice that!, and it's not even a bit itchy next to my skin.

I knitted this in Cascade 220 Lime Heather, on 4mm and 3.75 circs.
Modifications:
I lengthened the body rib by 5 cm.
I didn't knit the extra 7 rows before the neck shaping as I wanted the neck slightly lower to flatter bigger boobs more.
I made the straps narrower, decreasing down to 15 sts.
I only did K3 row P3 rows for the neck edging instead of adding another 3 to keep the neck line lower and less bulky.
I only did P2 rows when edging the armholes to keep the straps thinner.

I think that's it. What would I do differently? I may have made the neckline even lower and the straps longer as the underbust line sits naturally just below my boobs instead of on my ribcage. I suppose that would have lowered the neck in itself, really.

I do love it, though, and I will wear it loads!!

18 comments:

Littlelou said...

Looks fab, good job.. and very well modelled too!

Pheelya said...

It looks great! Green looks so good on you!

Linda said...

That is fab, I like it with the long sleeves best!

Janey said...

Wonderful! Love the pattern and the colour looks great on you!

I agree about it looking best with the shirt underneath but it's so versatile. I'll remember this post if I try the vest as I think your mods have worked well!

Well done, happy wearing!

cpurl17 said...

Perfect fit and so versatile! And the model in the photos is gorgeous. :)

dreamcatcher said...

Ooh that is gorgeous, and a great fit! Love the lime shade too.

gilraen said...

You look fabulous in that, and it on you :D

I really like this vest :)

Alyssa said...

Love it. Glad you're not crying!

Anonymous said...

You should be all giggles with that green springy vest! I love how stylish it looks on you especially with the white shirt! Great job Liz!

Wendy said...

It looks great on you! I love the 3rd look with the stark white underneath it!

Virtuous said...

It fits you PERFECTLY!!
Great addition to your wardrobe!! I luv it on you!!

Hey did you make any mods to the decreases to the back straps??
Some claim it to be too "racerback" look...

Great job Liz!

Motivating me to get back on mne before it is too warm for it!

Thanks for the different style shots! :o)

lomester said...

HOT MAMA!

You look fantastic!

Jada said...

Wow you did a great job!!Love the color!

Nik said...

Very cute, my dear. Looks good whichever way you wear it.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job!!! Great color.

Denise said...

That looks great on you. I like all three looks - very versatile!
Great job.

Anonymous said...

My favorite color! This is quite beautiful! Great job...wear it all spring and enjoy.

Robin said...

It turned out great! Very flattering and a good color for you as well!