Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dyeing to show you..........


...what I received from my SP12 pal.......a Kool Aid dyeing kit!! I've always wanted to have a go at this and today decided, while it was sunny, to go for it.

First you soak the hank of yarn..

Then you put the dyes you want to use into small bottles
Then you squirt them onto the drained yarn....




Then cook it in the microwave....

Hmmm, not sure about the red, but I love the blue and green and it might look better when dry and wound into a ball.

I now just need to rinse it and dry it. Then ball it.

OK, at long last, here is a glimpse of what I have been doing over the last few days... I finally got the solid granny square (I can't tell you how many times I watched the bloody tutorial on You Tube) and I can do it! And it looks like the Babette squares on Ravelry!!!!! I am trying to make myself wait until the Knitting and Stitching Show in October until I buy the cascade I need for Babette, but in my head, there's a little voice telling me I might have forgotten how to do it by then and I should get it NOW!!!!!!!!



I'll show you the thing in its entire glory tomorrow before sending it to it's recipient tomorrow. SP, you were so right to have faith in me. I really doubted that I could do it, but I can and I'll show you how well tomorrow!

I have also taught Lily how to crochet the solid granny and she is creating a blanket as I type. Only stopping to eat and wee.

3 comments:

Linda said...

The yarn came out lovely didn't it!

Virtuous said...

Yay!! Dyeing!! So much fun!

Glad you got the crochet technique down!!

Knittynutter said...

cool,

i had a dying kit too from a swap pal and seeing yours im going to go do some dying tomorrow..

loving the crochet too, mines still rubbish!!