Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hearts and Bags

A friend of mine is leaving the UK to go and work in Saudi on a 2 year contract, teaching in the international school. We have her leaving lunch today and so I made a her a little gift to go with the pile of jazzercise goodies we got her to remember us by! She loves lavender, so I made her these



they are filled with lavender from my garden and smell lovely (even though it's not my favourite smell.)

I have finished patchwork squares bag (at about 1am this morning!) and it is in the machine felting as I type! I hope it comes out ok. It's my own pattern and I got a little bit carried away knitting the band that goes around the whole thing to form the bag bottom, sides and handle, and when I put it over my shoulder, it reaches down past my knees! I've never hoped to shrink something quite so much!

I put a cd next to it to give you some idea of the scale



The bag brings me on to question 9 of SP12.
Have you ever entered your knitting (or anything else) in the fair?

Would you ever consider it?
Ths weekend, funnily enough, we are going to visit Mary in the Cotswolds. Her village has a fair every year, have a look here
We have entered Floss before in the horse and hound competition. Let's just say she had a small nervous breakdown, obviously unsuited to a modelling career, and the Jack Russell who sat on the lap of the girl riding the horse that won was obviously cheating. Not that I'm bitter. NO!

I am hopefully entering this year the "I knitted it" class with this patchwork squares bag. I say hopefully because it needs to dry, be lined and decorated before Saturday EARLY. We shall see. So. I'll let you know the answer to that SP question after the weekend!

3 comments:

RooKnits said...

Hope the bag comes good - good luck in the competition

gilraen said...

That bag looks fab!!!! Eagerly awaiting pics of it felted :)

Wendy said...

Good luck with getting the bag finished in time!